- Civil / High Rise / Structural
- Surfers Paradise, Gold Coast, Australia
- Project Value
- $400 Million
Centrally located in Surfers Paradise, the redevelopment of this two-hectare city block has taken lifestyle enjoyment on the Gold Coast to a new level.
Named in recognition of the former Chevron Hotel Skyline Lounge the 183 apartment Skyline Tower rises to 40 levels above the streetscape, while Skyline North, the second and tallest of the Towers of Chevron Renaissance rises to 50 levels and offers 288 quality apartments.
Key Design Aspects:
- Schematic, design development and construction design services.
- Wind tunnel testing and occupancy sensitivity studies.
- Tower superstructure supported on large diameter bored pile foundation, installed under drill fluid approximately 30m in depth, socketed into underlying rock stratum.
- External retail structure – raft foundation systems.
- Suspended reinforced and post-tensioned lagoon pool and beach enclaves incorporating waterproofing movement & expansion joints.
- 3-dimensional finite element modelling and tower dynamic response assessments.
- Value engineering and construction methodologies relating to floor construction cycle times, encompassing structural vertical element efficiency studies.
- Post-tensioning transfer beams and typical floor plate analysis, design and documentation.