- Commercial / Structural
- Varsity Lakes, Gold Coast, Queensland
- Project Value
- $17 Million
Gallery Vie is a premium mixed use development comprising commercial, restaurant, and residential components located within the rapidly growing Market Square precinct of Varsity Lakes.
With an overall site coverage of approximately 4000 m2 the project has direct street frontage to Varsity Parade and its location takes advantage of the strength of the Varsity Lakes region as the fastest growing suburb on the Gold Coast.
Gallery Vie incorporates a single basement with an overall car parking facility for over 150 vehicles. The Ground Floor retail and commercial allotments are laid out amongst two uniquely separated 3 storey building configurations. The upper-level residential component of the development incorporates a mix of 1, 2 and 3 bedroom apartments.
Key Design Aspects:
- Schematic, design development and construction design services.
- Fully piled foundation system vs raft slab foundation value engineering comparisons.
- Hydrostatic uplift water pressure relieving systems incorporated into the basement support structure.
- Utilisation of both shotcrete and precast basement external wall construction.
- Employment of waterproofing systems to raft slab, raft slab expansion jointing and basement retention walling.
- Partially post-tensioned and reinforced ground floor transfer slab.
- Masonry walling (deep-beam) transfer structure incorporated on the first floor to support upper floor layouts, maximising the ground to underside first floor commercial/retail spacial requirements.